- They can keep your hands warm
- They keep your hands clean
- They can protect your hands
- They can be worn as a fashion statement.
|Protection and warmth|
|Protection and keeping hands clean|
However, there are times when gloves are not a good option:
- When going to the toilet (unless they are rubber gloves)
- When playing the violin
- When making love (especially not rubber gloves)
- When threading a needle
- When changing strings on a violin
- Then cleaning your teeth
- When eating fish and chips (with your hands).
It's fair to say that rubber gloves function differently than most other gloves.